Being a diabetic is a serious condition that imposes certain complications to the body. If you are a diabetic, you have a list of diabetic foods to avoid. It is important that you understand your diabetic condition so that you can have a certain level of control over it with a healthy diet plan. There are many secrets to consuming healthy diets and these secrets, once you get to know of them, will help you bring your diabetic condition under control. As you try and learn about which foods to avoid and which to eat, you will come across many different types of diets each of which will ask you to eat this and avoid that.
Diabetes Foods to avoid:
• Sugary sweets, ghee added sweets and cold drinks with refined sugar must be totally banned from your diet. Foods containing rich sugar instantly increase blood glucose.
• Fats are not good for your health. Fat omega-6 is an obstacle for glucose to reach cells. So, all synthetic oil foods should be avoided.
• White flour as well as white bread, white rice rich in carbohydrates and low cellulose like potato are the major diabetic foods to be avoided as much as possible.
• Consuming red meat and eggs with yoke can do more harm than good things.
• Honey and dairy products are to be avoided for diabetics.
• You will also need to totally exclude caffeine from your diet.
• Fried items, gravies, sauces, casseroles, salad dressings.
• Candy, cake, diabetic cookie recipes, ice-cream and mints.
• Condensed milk, skimmed milk powder and sweet butter are strictly prohibited for diabetics.
Besides eliminating certain items from your diet, you need to also control the quantity that you consume. Being overweight as a result of overeating will negate all the good work that has been done by sticking to a diabetic diet plan. Overeating will cause your blood sugar levels to rise and worsen your diabetic condition. You could develop insulin resistance and you can even become obese. Other consequences include risk of strokes, heart attacks and developing metabolic diseases.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Varadharajan_R