Diabetes is sweeping the nation like wild fire. It is estimated that 1 in 3 people will be diabetic at some point in their lives. How sad is that?
Diabetes is caused by poor nutrition and being over-weight. Diabetes can be prevented just by eating the right foods and exercising. Unfortunately, most people just turn to drugs, such as insulin, to regulate their diabetes. This is where you don't want to be.
Being a certified nutritionist and Orange County Personal Trainer for the last 17 years, I have worked with many diabetic people, helping them get into great shape and put an end to their diabetes.
Here is some great tips that will help prevent diabetes:
1. Stay away from high sugar foods, such as sodas, candies, etc. Simple sugar stimuates your insulin levels, making it easier for you to gain weight and become type II diabetic.
2. Avoid flour and baked products. Baked products, such as cookies, cakes, etc., contain flour and sugar, that will produce high insulin surges. Again, you don't want that.
3. Eat more high quality protein. Protein, when combined with carbohydrates, will help stabilize your insulin levels and at the same time, stimulate your glucagon levels, which is your fat-burning hormone. So, eat more lean meats, chicken breasts, egg whites, fish (salmon, halibut, etc.).
4. Eat plenty of fibrous vegetables and fruits. People simply do not eat enough fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables have so many healing proprieties in them, that can not be replaced. If you ate enough fruits and vegetables daily, you would greatly reduce the risk of becoming diabetic. A recent study discovered that 70% of American deaths are diet related. That is exactly why we need to emphasize the importance of eating healthy.
5. Exercise. You have to exercise on a regular basis to help promote better circulation, body balance, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, and of course promote healthy weight management.
To sum up, if you eat healthy raw and natural foods, combined with exercise and maintaining a healthy weight, you will be able to avoid diabetes and live a life free of illness.
Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Nutritionist
Ron Khawar has been a certified personal trainer and nutritionist for 17 years, helping thousands of people lose weight, tone muscle, and become much healthier.
Ron Khawar is the owner of Getting Fit Personal Training, located in Orange County, California. His team of qualified expert trainers help transform the residents of Orange County through their innovative and advanced training techniques.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ron_Khawar